MasQue -International Mask Theatre Festival
THE AIM OF THE FESTIVAL
- Create a strong physical theatre festival tradition in Finland
- Develope physical theatre field in Finland by introducing national and international programme including i.e. mask theatre, theatre clownery, mime, object theatre and visual theatre.
- Inspire new people to the field by presenting a broad variety of approaches, from experimental research to anthropological ritual.
- Alongside the performances, mask exhibitions, workshops and seminars with international speakers examine the challenges of the complex world of the mask.
- Create a meeting point for the artist in the field of physical theatre
HISTORY OF THE FESTIVAL
- MasQue- International Mask Theatre Festival was established in 2007
- The aim is to organize the festival every other year
- Previous festivals: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
- The main venue and the main paertner of the festival is Stoa the Cultural Center of Eastern Helsinki
- Artistic directors since 2007: Davide Giovanzana and Soile Mäkelä
- Next festival will take place in 2019
- Soile Mäkelä: festival(at)metamorfoosi.com